I just got nominated for “The Next Big Thing” blog award by C.A. White. I had been nominated for two other awards earlier this year, but I didn’t publicize them.
Probably because I didn’t want to do the work. And I heard lots of talk about how these awards are kinda made up. Besides, I rationalized to myself, I’m not blogging for awards but to share this stuff that changed my life with other guys.
But now I see things differently. For one, it’s writers supporting and promoting each other. Nothing wrong with that, even if there are no official “judges” behind the awards. And two, it’s cool for us writers, because a little recognition might help to attract a few more readers.
Biggest thing, I wanna show my gratitude to the writers who recognized me, and spread the love to others. So, here are my nominations.
BLOG AWARD #1
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the blog award image on your page.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs and let the nominees know they been chosen.
I got nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by egointhesea http://egointhesea.wordpress.com a while back. Thank you so much for the nomination. I enjoy your raw honesty in your blog, which makes yours a lovely blog, too.
- My father is Italian and my mother is from the Caribbean.
- I was a philosophy major in college and studied philosophy in graduate school.
- I was born in the Midwest but live on the east coast.
- I’m a pisces born in the year of the dragon.
- My favorite period in history is ancient Greece. Their ideals inspire me to this day.
- My childhood idols: Einstein, Da Vinci, Mozart, and Michael Jordan
- I was inspired to become a writer by one sentence in a book called “Art of The Novel,” by Milan Kundera. The sentence: “Writing is exploring exploring existence.”
Here are the 15 blogs I nominate: