I just got nominated for “The Next Big Thing” blog award by C.A. White. I had been nominated for two other awards earlier this year, but I didn’t publicize them.
Probably because I didn’t want to do the work. And I heard lots of talk about how these awards are kinda made up. Besides, I rationalized to myself, I’m not blogging for awards but to share this stuff that changed my life with other guys.
But now I see things differently. For one, it’s writers supporting and promoting each other. Nothing wrong with that, even if there are no official “judges” behind the awards. And two, it’s cool for us writers, because a little recognition might help to attract a few more readers.
Biggest thing, I wanna show my gratitude to the writers who recognized me, and spread the love to others. So, here are my nominations.
BLOG AWARD #1
- Ask Mystery. He’s the guy I learned from, and he’s got a great blog about his stuff. What’s cool is his blog doesn’t require a lot of reading. His format is, he takes a question and answers it through a video. His posts are short, sweet, and fun.
- Snarky Snatch. Holy crap this blog is phenomenal. Very visual blog with lots of pics, and hilarious. I love this woman’s voice. And you can actually learn a thing or two about the “battle” of the sexes from reading it.
- Erospainter. This is one of my all-time favorite blogs. It’s like a piece of art. He posts beautiful pictures and adds a quote that, for me at least, often nourishes my spirit. Almost paradoxically, there’s an S & M theme that runs throughout it. I’m not into S & M but I still enjoy it a lot. For guys, there’s also a lot of good lessons on being the dominant type of guy that can attract women. Highly recommended.
- Chicks and Babes. This blog is simply a bunch of pictures of beautiful women. Pure eye candy.
- Glenn P. Another blog that focuses on pickup. Glenn P is a master. He was the star student of Brad P. Brad P is another guy I’ve learned a shit load from. Fun blog to read with lots of great insights.
- What is the working title of your work? Whet Your Woman
- Where did the idea for the work come from? From pickup. It’s a fictional memoir about my journey in learning to be more successful with women.
- What genre does your novella fall under? Allegory
- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Johnny Depp and Patricia Ford ten years ago.
- What is the one sentence synopsis of your novella? A guy gets dumped into a dumpster, and struggles to get out with the guidance of a unlikely mentor.
- Will your work be self-published or represented by an agency? Self-published. Right on this blog.
- How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript? Should be ready by March.
- What other novels would you compare this book to within your genre? I like the styles of: “Inferno,” “Symposium,” myth, and Neil Strauss’ “The Game.”
- Who or what inspired you to write this novel? Practicing pickup.
- What else about your novel might pique the reader’s interest? It’s not just a story, it’s a practical guide, too.
Thanks again for the nomination, C.A. White.
BLOG AWARD #2
Thank the person awarding you. Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started. Paste the blog award on your page. Nominate 10 other bloggers you feel deserve the award.
I was nominated for an addictive blog award a while back by Sexinmiami. Much gratitude to her http://sexinmiami.wordpress.com for the nod. We both have a dating theme to our blogs, but she writes from the female perspective. Her insights are enlightening.
I started blogging to create a site for an ebook I’m writing about success with women. Also, I wanted to create a refuge with the site for guys to go to when they feel almost hopeless when it comes to women. God knows I’ve been there.
Here are my nominations:
BLOG AWARD #3
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the blog award image on your page.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs and let the nominees know they been chosen.
I got nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by egointhesea http://egointhesea.wordpress.com a while back. Thank you so much for the nomination. I enjoy your raw honesty in your blog, which makes yours a lovely blog, too.
- My father is Italian and my mother is from the Caribbean.
- I was a philosophy major in college and studied philosophy in graduate school.
- I was born in the Midwest but live on the east coast.
- I’m a pisces born in the year of the dragon.
- My favorite period in history is ancient Greece. Their ideals inspire me to this day.
- My childhood idols: Einstein, Da Vinci, Mozart, and Michael Jordan
- I was inspired to become a writer by one sentence in a book called “Art of The Novel,” by Milan Kundera. The sentence: “Writing is exploring exploring existence.”
Here are the 15 blogs I nominate:
Thanks, Renaissan!! Much appreciated. These other blogs are great!
You are welcome CAWhite! Yeah, there’s definitely some good ones there.
I had no clue there was an “ask mystery” site. Sounds good. I thought Mystery was inactive as far as teaching goes.
Thanks for the recognition and link.
My pleasure, man. Much deserved.